Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

Love is in the air. Our Valentine's Day Weekend started by receiving a gigantic sweet fortune cookie from a secret admirer. We think it is from Eric's Mom. Thank you Betsy. It was such a fun surprise.


It was suggested we go to Blockbuster and rent a couple of movies to watch together over the weekend. Well, really cuddle together while we watched, but I don't want to ruin the good thing I have going.

The first movie was Ghost Town. I think most people have seen this, but we had not. It is rated PG13 for language. Overall it was a great romantic comedy with more emphasis on the comedy rather than the romance. The ghost on the right tries to get the dentist in the middle to keep his widow (on the left) from marrying a scum bag lawyer. The dentist suggests that he get the widow to be interested in him instead of the lawyer and the ghost laughs at the idea of his widow being attracted to the dentist. We both laughed a few times, which says a lot. I highly recommend it to those looking for easy going entertainment.


Saturday night we went out to my favorite place for dinner (which shall not be disclosed). Those who know me well, know where we were. It was fantastic as always and we even shared a hot fudge sundae for dessert. So sweet.

Sunday after church I cooked filet mignon with mashed potatoes, vegetables, rolls, and juice. It was sooo good. I surprised myself. Sometimes a good steak is ten times better at home compared to a restaurant, but I like to be at home.

Truth be told, just so you don't think I'm a perfect chef, I cooked these steaks per recipe instructions and they didn't seem done, so I cooked them for about 6 more minutes and they still didn't seem done, but I didn't want to overcook them, so I served them. Sure enough, after I took this photo, we dived in and they weren't done enough. Ten more minutes in the broiler and they were cooked to perfection.


Yes, those are the same birthday flowers purchased almost two weeks ago. They are still going strong. We have a fantastic floral department at our Costco. Oh, and exciting for me, I realized after dinner that I have been failing to use my "dinner plate" mode on my camera, so maybe my food photos will look a little better in the future.

I ate a bunch of these for dessert and have no regrets thus far. At the same time, I'm still under the happy influence chocolate brings me and will likely have regrets tomorrow.


Sunday night we watched our last movie, "Is Anybody There?" Umm..ya, what can I say? I thought it was going to be about magic, but it was really more about death and moved very slowly. Eric predicted everything that would happen in it and it just wasn't very entertaining. Don't waste your time.


Even though the last movie wasn't very good, overall, I can't think of a better Valentine's Day Weekend. Love makes even a boring movie good.

No comments:

Post a Comment