Sunday, February 21, 2010

Brisket & Little People

Today for Sunday dinner, I made Beef Brisket with Roasted Cajun Potatoes, Asparagus, and White Rolls. MMmmm...

I marinated the brisket overnight in a combination of liquid smoke and seasonings. In the morning I put it in the crock-pot on low. I seem to struggle with my crock-pot but I still thought I would try it because I don't have a roasting pan. Sure enough, I did overcook the beef a little which should be hard to do in a crock-pot, but it was still good and I will know how long to cook it next time.

The potatoes were my favorite. The combination of shallots, garlic, paprika, cayenne, salt, pepper and parsley were fantastic. Totally worth having to buy two new spices. I will definitely be making these again in the future.

For the asparagus, I brushed some olive oil on a foil lined cookie sheet and rolled the asparagus in the oil before sprinkling them with sea salt. I really like it when everything on the plate has it's own taste. I'm not a big fan of cooking everything together in a crock-pot. I am really happy with how dinner turned out and better yet, there is a little leftover beef for tomorrow. :)


For dessert, I made Little People. I think seeing all of the Valentine's Day sugar cookies around gave me the urge to make some myself. I don't have a heart shaped cookie cutter, but I saw this idea on-line and I liked it. They were so fun to make. Even though they consumed a good portion of my day, I truly loved having some girl time in the kitchen.


You might say I made an army. :)


A little tip for anyone who likes to save a penny. When you buy your bag of powdered sugar to make icing, you are actually buying your piping bag at the same time. I learned that from my Dad. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment