Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Week

When this week began I thought all I had ahead of myself was working, sleeping, eating, exercising and a little reading. I feared I would have nothing of interest to write about so I started taking a few photos of things I was eating so I would have something to say.

As you can see I had a couple Asian Chicken Salads (ooh...aah...exciting right?)



lots of smoothies

and I munched on asparagus because it is in season, on sale and so good after being baked for ten minutes with a sprinkling of sea salt. (Bob made us this cool bowl for a wedding gift.)


But then, to my surprise, something of significance happened. I gave notice that April 30th will be my last day of employment here.

I am super happy and excited. Goodbye Costco.


Working at Costco has been interesting. It is a good place to work, but it is also requires much heavier labor than I ever anticipated. I've worn out a few pairs of shoes walking an excess of twenty miles a day circling that concrete warehouse returning items to the shelves, pushing rows of heavy carts outside in the scorching sun and freezing rain, scrubbing floors, serving hot dogs, cashiering, and other things I wouldn't want to mention. There were nights when I would return home wondering if my feet were still at the bottom of what felt like stubs hanging from my hips.

Then my husband surprised me with these sweet flowers. The picture doesn't do them justice, they are nothing but cheer. :)


Easter arrived and I didn't know what to cook because my husband doesn't like pork in any form, but he requested enchiladas with Mexican rice, so here it is. I made them with shredded beef. Mexican food doesn't make a pretty photograph, but it tastes good.


In the end, this beautiful, irresistible box of chocolate covered caramels arrived to wish us a happy Easter from Ted and Liz . They are so good. Thank you for spoiling us as always.

We watched conference over the weekend. It was good as always.

I'm truly surprised I had as much to say as I did. I shouldn't have ever thought my life would be boring. There is always something happening, I just don't always know what it will be. :)

Happy Easter.

5 comments:

  1. Those chocolates look divine! So now what, now that Costco is over with? I also have to know what is in that smoothie? It looks yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mexican food you made looks yummy! and also the smoothies. How did you prepared them? I love straberry smoothies :P
    I like to cook also, this weekend I made some "alfajores de maicena" which is pretty much 2 cornstarch cookies filled with dulce de leche and sprinkled with coconut flakes. My friends said they tasted good, I am not sure though LOL. I will try to upload pic of them next time. Oh! and I hope you can find a more suitable job for you, I didn't know that you had to multitask that much at work.
    Also, happy Easter!! (a little late)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So was resigning the significant occurrence, or was whatever caused/enabled you to resign the momentous event?

    ReplyDelete
  4. i too would LOVE the enchilada recipe. Bryce loves mexican food. are you going to tell us why you're not working at costco when the month is over?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's nothing that brings a smile to my face like seeing your smile! Love reading your blog. It's a bright ray of sunshine in my day. We're excited for you and Eric.
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete