Sunday, April 18, 2010

Good Times

This is not the greatest photo of me, it was taken after a Sunday nap, but I failed to take any other photos this week, so it will have to do.


My husband and I played a piano duet together in Sacrament meeting. It was an arrangement of "Love at Home". I think we are both happy with how it turned out. I was definitely less nervous/shaky than the last time we did a duet.

He gave me those tulips during the week too. He came home with the tulips and a copy of "The Blind Side". He has absolutely no interest in seeing that movie. He played a duet with me, brought me flowers and a chick flick. That was so nice of him. I am a lucky woman.

A few weeks ago I was working at Costco when I ran into the husband of one of my first college roommates, Katrina. We exchanged numbers and Katrina and I made plans to meet at her home in Tooele on Wednesday. She has lived there for nine years now.

Their school district has short day on Wednesdays, so I met all five of her children ranging from 12 years old to 17 months. I was a little surprised by this, even though I shouldn't have been. We were married about the same time. We had such a good visit; I had forgotten what an incredible friend she is. We both remembered quite a bit about the things we did together that the other forgot. For example, she said that when she was hugely pregnant with her first, I would meet her at Aggie Village at least once a week and we would go on long walks dreaming about our futures.

I am so glad we got together. It was revitalizing to talk with her because she kind of still saw me as I was at 18. She reminded me of my old self and I felt fantastic.

I was playing with my camera last Sunday and I took a bunch of photos. Here is one of them. Yes, there is a giant elephant behind me.

Other news for the week include that the weather has been nice so Clare and I have been running like maniacs. Tulips are blooming everywhere. I have been working on securing future employment and so far things are going very well. I may have extremely good news next week. Tomorrow I pick up my mom from the airport and take her to Logan for her to stay a week with Margie's family. That's enough for now. Thanks for all your comments. I enjoy hearing from you.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Charlynn, very nice pictures of you, you always look so pretty.
    I haven't updated my blog, I have been very busy at work and also very lazy at home lol. I have to drafts so far not published yet, but they are now out of date so I will have to write something new.
    I hope you are doing all right =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a lovely blog! I am just a stranger who happened upon it but I hope you keep blogging, it's lovely to hear all about you and your sweet husband.

    ReplyDelete