Sunday, September 18, 2011

Gardens & Sharing Time

Saturday I went to Roger's Gardens with a girlfriend. It is only 10 minutes away and neither of us had ever been so we decided to check this one off our bucket list together. This place is gorgeous. It felt like Disneyland. They are decked out for Halloween right now and it was really inspiring to see so much creativity on display.

I have been enjoying my new calling as a Primary counselor. I get to do a Sharing Time lesson once a month or so. Last month I made these and played a fill in the blank game on the chalk board with different props for the week's theme, "Reading, Watching, and Listening to Wholesome Things Keeps my Mind Clean".

Can you tell who inspired my character?

Next month, my lesson is on prayer. I found this cute story in an old Friend issue from Mom and decided to make it into a story the kids can present during Sharing Time. I was pleasantly surprised to see how well they blew up on the copy machine.

I know the artwork for this story was done on a computer. It has peaked a curiosity in me to learn how to draw on a computer. I love this stuff. Primary is my outlet to use my artsy talents.

1 comment:

  1. You are awesome!! Once you figure out computer drawing you can illustrate primary talks and send them my way, right? Keep on inspiring me to be creative.

    ReplyDelete