Sunday, March 27, 2011

Being a Lawyer

I work in a profession where it seems everyday I come across someone complaining about how being a lawyer is a terrible job. I'm not sure if this is common for every kind of job, or if it is just lawyers that do this. I admit, being a lawyer is tough and I have days, well maybe weeks, or even months when I feel like I need to be committed to some kind of institution. But, I've decided to share with you a few things I really like about being a lawyer.

1. I really like sitting at my desk and writing something. Whether it is a one page letter that takes 15 minutes or a motion that takes 8 hours, there is something fun about writing something.

2. I really like that most of the people I associate with are mature and intelligent. It is a good environment to be in everyday.

3. I like how it feels when I'm in court. I feel respected and that I'm part of something bigger. When I am in court I often think about Grampy and I feel his influence in my life.

That's enough for now. Being a lawyer, has its ups and downs but I suspect every job has its ups and downs. Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment