Thursday, September 9, 2010

Beach, Boxes, Bridges, & a Bug

The past two days I drove up to a beautiful city on a peninsula north of Long Beach. I spent my days inside this pod packed full of boxes searching through documents for a case.

The pod is actually in the city dump, but believe it or not the dump overlooks the ocean. It was breathtaking, and my pictures don't do it justice.

Before I headed home, I parked to eat a lunch I packed and enjoyed the view. I took these photos with a timer while resting my camera on my car, so it was a little difficult to know exactly where the camera was aimed.

My drive lets me go over two bridges. Once again, my pictures don't do it justice, because you can't see everything I'm driving over, but I think this green one is especially cool.


This bug flew in my car the second I rolled down my window to eat my lunch. I tried to get him out, but couldn't find him. Then, of course when I was driving home, he came to life again and went crazy in my car. I rolled down my windows, but he stayed the whole way. He is relatively large. I expect Clare to know what it is called.

I'm pretty tired from searching in that pod for two days, but after soaking in all of the beautiful scenery, I'm glad I got to do it. Ahhhh...the glamorous life of a lawyer. :)

2 comments:

  1. Those pics make me miss california and I've never even lived there! :)
    I'm always worried someday I'll get in a car accident from some bug in my car distracting me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that is a great spot for a dump!! :) sounds like life is great, C, and i love the ocean pics!

    ReplyDelete