Sunday, January 13, 2013

Happiness

Teaching in Primary has to be among the top five things I currently love about my life.  I owe that to my mom.  Teaching children is probably her greatest talent.  
Our Sharing Time Lesson was on the plan of happiness.  I used Skittles as "drops of awesome" to fill Gavin's "bowl of awesome".  Brooke put a "drop of awesome" into the bowl for every good thing Gavin has done.  Even though Gavin is an awesome kid, the bowl wasn't anywhere near full.  

Gage is a holding a large vase labeled "atonement".  It was filled with Skittles at the beginning of the lesson and after Gavin listed every good thing he had done, Gage poured the vase of Skittles into and overflowing over Gavin's bowl to demonstrate how the atonement makes us happier than we could ever be on our own.  These are fantastic kids.

This wasn't my own idea.  I got it from here  http://www.daringyoungmom.com/2012/12/19/drops-of-awesome/

1 comment:

  1. so cute! glad you found a way to incorporate that great visual and change it into candy for the kiddos. So smart. What gorgeous kids too.

    ReplyDelete